Tuesday, August 08, 2017

FL: Gun Beats Stick in Self Defense Shooting over Woman



Harrell S. Jeffries, 56, said he was asleep in his camper when William H. Markham barged in and beat him with a stick. Jeffries, whose camper is close to a wooded area off a narrow dirt road and is surrounded by other residences in rural Marion County, said he managed to grab a gun and fired shots at the 48-year-old man.

“I was protecting myself,” said Jeffries on Thursday, standing next to a pickup truck just yards from his camper. His left hand was bandaged from his elbow to his fingers and Jeffries said it is broken. His head had staples in it and he said his ribs were still sore from the blows from the stick.

Asked how many times he shot at the deceased, Jeffries said “I don’t know.”

“I tried to protect myself from dying,” he added.
More Here

No comments: