Saturday, November 10, 2012

(OH)Sharon Homeowner Shoots Burglary Suspect


The man who was shot attempting to break into a Sharon home on Monday waived his right to an extradition hearing Thursday afternoon in Youngstown.

The homeowner, Pete Delli Bovi, has lived on Malleable Street for 33 years. He said he can't believe someone tried breaking in during the day.

On Monday afternoon, Delli Bovi was resting when he heard a noise he said he'll never forget.

"I was watching TV. I closed my eyes a little bit and I heard this big boom. Like, it was so loud. That's when this guy kicked my door in the back."

Just last year, someone else broke into his garage. Delli Bovi said he got his gun permit and on Monday afternoon, he used a revolver that he said saved his life.

"So I crawled by the kitchen where the hole was, when he said said oh. He stand up and I shot a couple of times," Delli Bovi said.

2 comments:

Wireless.Phil said...

There is a Sharon Township in Medina County, Ohio, but no Sharon, Ohio.

Wireless.Phil said...

Oh Crap!
We both screwed-up!

Sharon, Pa.

Sharon man shoots intruder

WFMJ ‎- 1 day ago
SHARON, Pennsylvania - A Sharon man says God guided him when ...
http://www.wfmj.com/story/20048200/sharon-man-shoots-intruder