Monday, July 25, 2011

WV: Oldster chases off robbers: "Frazier says the three men walked back by his house with guns they'd stolen from his son's house, saw that he'd freed himself, and started firing, leaving a total of 9 bullet holes on Frazier's walls. "When they started shooting into my house, that's when I started firing back," he said. Frazier says when he started shooting, the men ran back to their truck and took off. He then got another gun and made sure they got the point. "I ran out on the porch with an 11-hundred automatic and emptied it as they drove across the creek down here," he said. "I did my best to kill everyone of them." He says he hit the truck at least once on the rear-side window. He scared off the crooks and saved his own life"


Even Imaginary Guns Save Lives: "The situation could have gone either way: I could end up beaten or dead, or we could all go our separate ways. All I could think to do was to get to my backpack and find my phone. As I fumbled for the phone, I heard one of them say, “Does he have a gun?” So I kept my hand in my backpack, allowing them to wonder whether I was reaching for a gun. Then a couple of them started to run away, and the others soon followed. I got back on my bike and pedaled as fast as I could out of there. I’ve thought a lot about the turning point of the situation — the fact that one of them thought that I might have a gun. None of them said, “There’s a law against antigay hate crimes!” That wasn’t the deterrent. It was the possibility that I might have had a gun that saved my life Friday night."

No comments: