Monday, December 12, 2005



NRA's newest convert: Even a hippie needs a gun: "About two weeks ago, a male approximately 5 foot 9, 150 pounds broke and entered my house. (SIDE NOTE: This is funny because it is true.) ... I peek in my front room. If anyone's there, they are not in eyeshot of the doorway. Then I see the shadowed reflection of a man in the double glass doors leading to the dining room. ... (SIDE NOTE: I am a pretty liberal hippie when it comes to life, a make-love-not-war type of girl. But I know enough about anatomy to know a butcher knife doesn't protect from a bullet. I have been an anti-hand gun person for years, mainly because they serve one purpose: to kill people. However, this has become a matter of self-defense. Damn it, this is Texas, and I'm gettin' a gun.)"


Activate the citizen militia: "The best way to deter not only terrorists, but also rogue governments and ordinary criminals is by activating the citizen militia. Law-abiding adults should be able to receive tactical training from the U.S. government and should be allowed to carry arms as needed to keep our nation secure. If you think this sounds far-fetched, keep in mind that the military and the police force are comprised of average Americans who join on a daily basis."

No comments: